Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Irish Drinking Stories Again

Once again you have the privilege of being treated to some famous Irish Drinking Stories. No Irish pub is worth anything without a re-tellin' of these famous Irish tales.

****

O’Malley went into McCafferty’s Pub and ordered three pints at one time. The bartender asks O’Malley, “Now, tell me O’Malley, why would you be needin’ three pints all at the same time?”

O’Malley explained that each of his brothers just emigrated overseas, one to Australia and the other to America. “As long as each brother lives,” O’Malley says, “I am going to be buyin’ three at a time, one for me and one for each of my brothers.”

So, each time that O’Malley came into McCafferty’s, he would order three pints at the same time.

This went on for years, until one day, O’Malley pulled himself up onto a barstool at McCafferty’s and ordered only two pints.

“Oh, no,” says the bartender. “Which of your brothers passed on? The one in Australia or the one in America?”

“Oh, it’s not that,” says O’Malley. “Both me brothers are just fine. Me doctor’s makin’ me give up the drink.”

****

A passer-by watched as two Irishmen were working in a park--One was digging holes and the other was immediately filling them in again.

“Tell me,” said the passer-by, “What on earth are you two doing?”

“Well,” said the digger, “Usually, there are three of us. I dig, O’Hara plants the tree and Sean here fills in the hole.”

“Today, O’Hara is away unwell, but that doesn't mean Sean and I have to take the day off, now does it?”

****

Irish Blessing:

If you're lucky enough to be Irish...
You're lucky enough.

More Irish Drinking Stories...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: