Sunday, July 1, 2007

Irish Drinking Stories

Some of the best humor comes straight from Ireland, itself, and the subject will often involve a wee bit of drink:

O'Flaherty's Diagnosis

O'Flaherty was feeling a mite ill so he popped in to see Dr. O'Hara.

After examining O'Flaherty, Dr. O'Hara was puzzled.

"I am very sorry O'Flaherty, but I cannot diagnose your trouble. I think it must be drink."

Replied O'Flaherty, "Don't worry about it Dr. O'Hara, I'll come back when you're sober."


Irish-American Drinking Story

An American walks into McCafferty's Pub overlooking Galway Bay in Galway, Ireland and raises his voice to the crowd of locals, "I hear you Irish are a bunch of drinking fools. I'll give $500 American to anybody here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back to back."

A hush falls over the room. Not a soul has the nerve to take the American up on his offer.

Paddy Murphy gets up to leave the bar, but 15 minutes later, he is back tapping the American on the shoulder.

"Is your bet still good, Yank?" asks Paddy.

"It is," roars the American. He then orders the barman to line up 10 pints of Guinness on the bar.

Immediately, Paddy downs all 10 pints of beer, drinking them all back to back. The other pub patrons cheer their approval and the American plops down upon his barstool in amazement. Handing Paddy the $500, the Yank asks, "If you don't mind my asking, where did you go for that 15 minutes?"

To which Paddy Murphy replies, "Oh...I went to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first."

More Drinking Humor...

More Irish Humor...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: